Thursday, July 26, 2012

Back home again

Friday, July 20th - Southfield, Michigan

I can't tell you how great it is to be back home again.  I love Michigan, especially in the summer.  The weather, the food, the water.
First stop was Foran's for a corned beef and Michigan beer.


Then to mom & dad's for burgers and dogs with the family.  Lots of beer, a dip in the pool...


Looks like an add for name brand comsumer goods...

Saturday, July 21st - Wixom
While I was away, dad and Gena pulled my much neglected bike out, washed it, waxed it.  Dropped it, fixed it, so it'd be ready to go as soon as I got home.  First time on a bike since September, it felt great!


Dad and I met up for lunch.  As you do.


Then we went back to the house and fixed Greg's bike so he could go riding too.


Bike fixed we headed to Howards to check on the XS project.


Then I cut out so we could meet up with Christy, Chris and fam. for more barbecue.  If this isn't heaven on earth, I don't know what is.


Makes you want to do headstands.


Sunday, July 22nd - Detroit, Michigan
We had a date, downtown to see the Tigers and the White Sox.  Last year we bought season tickets for the first time.  This was my first opportunity to use them.
But first, deep dish pizza at Coaches Corner. 


Locally brewed beer.


Comerica Park, our seats from the Elwood.


The Elwood from our seats.


Ford Field next door.


Even though financial flunkie GM now owns the Renaissance Center, they tastefully fly the D on game days.


Indeed.

Monday, July 23rd - Botsford Hospital.
We spent most of the afternoon waiting at the hospital waiting for this little guy.
At 5:03 my brother Greg and wife Alysia bacame the proud parents of little Liam, perfect in every way.

1 comment:

  1. Just saw the new posts on being home. It's gone by way too fast. Looking forward to tomorrow - party at the Brewer's. We'll miss you but count the days unti Christmas - and then hopefully home for good soon.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete