Sunday, October 9, 2011

Newark Auto Jumble

Sunday, October 9th - Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire

On recommendation from others I drove up to the Newark Mega Auto Jumble (swap meet) this morning.
I didn't leave with a bike, or a part of a bike, I did leave with a magazine though...  A lot like US swap meets; mostly junk and Chinese tools, what was there was overpriced "I could sell it on eBay for a lot more".
On the upside, I met up with Tom and his buddies.  Nice guys, have tools, etc.  Tom has his own blog at Tinslecat, where he's working on his C11.  He also hosts a forum for XS650's and another blog for his Indian restoration...  I'm going to give his wife a call and help him focus his efforts....



I did kind of want this T500, the color is awesome!  At least I wanted to hear it run.


I'm a huge fan of Norton's but this Dominator's a little off.  Sometimes "assembled" means "cobbled together".  Everything's right and wrong at the same time.  I like it, and I don't.  I'm conflicted....


I'd take this little Bantam just to be able to say I own a BSA.


The Aston Martin Vantage; part secret agent, part muscle car.


There should be a term for a group of Mini's; a class, a gaggle?  Even when the show sucks, there's interesting things (to me) to see.  Last year I almost bought one that was for sale locally, just to get a second practical car in the driveway (I'm only half kidding).


A 20ft. restoration but still cool.  The best part was the vintage picnic set on the back seat that was gutted for the rear speakers.  Pretty innovative for an 18 year old.  When I was 18, nothing I possessed was in better condition for my having owned it.


Followed by a Morgan 3-Wheeler.  You won't see that everyday.

1 comment:

  1. Shhh! My missis doesn't know what all my bikes are, they get trickled into the house in various boxes and parcels, so she's none the wiser!

    ReplyDelete