Monday, August 29, 2011

What the hell was I thinking?

Today is a "bank holiday", which gives me an opportunity to finally settle some things:
  • Get a phone line installed at the house
  • Have cable connected
  • Contact the gas and electrical utilities to set up the accounts 
  • Button up some work projects that I won't have time for during the week.
  • Laundry and pack for Sudbury

Tomorrow it's back to Sudbury for a couple of days - 200 miles

Friday I fly home to see everyone! - 3700 miles


Saturday I leave for Reno by way of Yosemite and a couple of bars along the way. - 2500 miles?  And then we have to come back.


When I left the bike looked like this:

Dad and Howard have been to work on it, adding a fender, a side bag, new A/C and generally getting it ready for a summers worth of riding in three weeks.

I have a sneaking suspicion that it looks more like this again.  I don't care what it looks like as long as it runs.


Wednesday update: The bike looks like this now.  Apparently I'm carrying the bass drum....



3 comments:

  1. Very cool - great picture of your dad. Really looking forward to seeing you Chris.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for picking me up (you are still picking me up aren't you?). I can't wait to see you guys. Think I might have to dip into the Ambien to get some sleep on the plane - Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bass drum is only if you want clothes on the trip! Try to sleep on the flight if you can, you're going to be busy the next couple weeks. Love you-Mom

    ReplyDelete