Tuesday, August 2, 2011

English Riveria Day 2

Sorry I have been trying to upload the pictures for a couple of days, but I guess I included too much.  We got up in the morning and went out to find a coffee shop for breakfast.  As it turns out even though Torquay is a holiday destination, nothing was open.  Why the Face???? 
 This is the view from the city centre across the bay.
 A beautiful park to sit and contemplate.
 Again, they love their old people.   And I know why, the drivers around here are fucking nuts!
 This is the view from High Street.  Every town has one where the shops and restaurants are. Not every town has the beautiful view.
 The harbor.  There was a regatta this weekend in Teignmouth and Torquay.  Fuck if I know what that is but the harbor was busy.
T
 The pier looking back on Princess Theatre which is one of the stops on the Agatha Christie tour, but more on that later...
 Me too.
 Brilliant fountain in the city park.  Yes I will now use brilliant in place of awesome.  So get use to it all!!

 If only Chris had his storm trooper costume.
 These chavs were wearing the american flag bandanna.  We were trying to guess whether they just bought it in a souvenier shop or if they were from the states.  We did not feel like stopping them to ask.
The city center.  I loved Torquay but damn the walk was exhausting.  It took us about 30 minutes to walk from our hotel down hill to the harbor and city.  After a long day relishing in Agatha Christie we then had to walk back.  I feel like I have been on marathon training this week.  It will be nice to get back to the house and relax, except for trips to the local boozer and grocery store which I am sure Chris will want to walk too.  Damn.
Cheers
G

No comments:

Post a Comment