Thursday, February 24, 2011

tell the world I'm coming home!

Thursday - Milton Keynes, UK

Zero hour, 9 a.m.
All my backs are packed, I'm ready to go. 
Give me a ticket for an aeroplane I ain't got time to take no fast train.

Had a great time Tuesday night.  Initially planned to have curry and drinks with Julian, Dave, Jim and Wayne.  Wayne bowed out first with illness (nothing worse than being sick, by yourself in a hotel room).  Next Julian had some family things to attend to.  Poor Dave showed up to find everyone else gone and Jim and I making up for lost time.  Guinness, Glenlivet, Guinness, Glenlivet...  Prilosec (acid reflux med) didn't stand a chance.  I'm not sure what we discussed, but we were right!
I can't hang like that anymore.  Wednesday hurt, alot.

Now I wait.  Big project has been delivered.   My bag's are packed but will most certainly tip the scales stuffed with whiskey and nonsense.  The rental car company will be by at 4 to pick up the POS.
The box I shipped out two weeks ago is still sitting at one of our offices.  Luckily our very capable admin is going to pick it up and take it to the post office tomorrow and complete the simple task that the other office couldn't.

Now I'm just waiting for Julian to finish up so we can go grab a drink and an early dinner.  He's going to take me to the airport tomorrow morning.  And I will be on my way.

England, Wales, France, Belgium, The Netherlands, Germany, Scotland and Ireland.
London, Cardiff, Calais, Dunkirk, Bath, Cambridge, Brugges, Bonn, Berlin, Darlingerode, Edinburg, Glasgow, Dublin, Cork and of course Milton Keynes.

Cannot wait to get back and see Gena, the dogs, family & friends.  Huma Lupa and a GT Reuben at Grand Trunk.  Fuck I'm hungry.  Hurry up Julian!

No comments:

Post a Comment