Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Another week in Cambridge!

When you travel as much as I do you learn how to leverage the system you're forced into.  Get the prerequisite loyalty cards, try to stay at those hotels and use those services.  I'm not nearly as good at it as some other people are, but I'm not at risk of an audit by some bitter bean counter that's never waddled further than the doughnut cart. 
That said, it is nice every once in a while to move the the head of a crowded line, pick up your free upgrade SUV while someone bigger than you squeezes into a Toyota Yaris.  I've shared a couple of nice upgrades in earlier posts.
For a true masters course watch the first 15 minutes of "Up In The Air".  They're really small concessions considering that you're living out of a suitcase and never get to eat a home cooked meal.

This week, my Holiday Inn bathroom has a Jungle Gym!  Yay!  I can do dips while I condition my hair!  There's lots of extra room for yoga too.
I did have to disable the automatic door (because it couldn't figure out how to keep it closed).


Seriously though, I do feel kind of lazy sitting on the seat during my shower.  It does make cleaning your feet easier.  And, I don't care where my toenail clipping go..... (like I did anyway).
And it smells weird...

Tonight's dinner was at the Chequers Inn, down the road from my gymnasium/hostel.  The Chequers is vastly superior to the Red Lion by the hotel in every way.  It was a favorite hang out for the 78th Fighter Group (P-47 Squadron) during WWII.
No starter (I did think about the Phyllo prawns w/sweet chili sauce).
Roast chicken breast in a wine, garlic and cream sauce with onion and peppers.

Sticky toffee pudding with butterscotch.

2 comments:

  1. Paypal please Chris for a sub.. billywhiz22@yahoo.com is the address as before I think.. Are they to be mailed to the US? Let me know mate. :) Billy. ps your blog always makes me feel hungry for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That might be like a shower version of a sex swing.

    ReplyDelete