Friday, December 17, 2010

Long time no blog...

I've been a little lax in staying current.  I know this because I start getting emails from mom and Deb saying: "Hi, how are you", "still alive?", "don't drink too much..."
This week was a little frantic moving back and forth between MK and Cambridge, Christmas party, customer issues etc.  Things have settled down now.  I'm planning to spend the weekend in Cambridge visiting the universities, Duxford Air Museum, etc.

Here's something that you won't see every time you throw back the curtains....  The Don's are the local football club in Milton Keynes.  The pitch side hotel rooms at the Doubletree double as the corporate boxes.






















Wednesday morning I had to trade my deathtrap in for another one.  What sense does that make you ask?  Absolutely none.... I received the exact same car in blue, and only had to get up early, wait around for them to find it, swap all of my crap over to the new car and then drive off to work.  Apparently the reasoning is that they cannot maintain a reservation for longer than 28 days.  So every four weeks I'll start the day off bitchy because it's my time of the month. 

The Christmas party was great!  We had the ballroom at the hotel (the one I was situated over last weekend).  I cannot express what great hosts Julian, Dave, Wayne and Jim have been.  It's been like a vacation everyday. 
If you've forgotten,  this is what I look like.  And I think that Julian just sharted..


Everyone went home with a gift.  One of the Irish guys won an iPad. Mine was a 30mm ruler, courtesy of the Christmas crackers at my plate. It has many valuable uses.
Convince lovers that it's inches and that you're above average.
Use it to declare a "weather emergency" in England and shut the whole country down.
Lucy and Joel from our repair center in Bletchly.  Bletchly Park is pretty famous as a center for code breaking during WWII.  They were responsible for breaking the Enigma codes and developing the computers to do it.  It's also home to the National Computing Museum, ooh, aah!

Blurry picture of people dancing.  Mark, Kirsty, Julian, Wayne, Lou, etc. are all in the photo.  Don't bother clicking on it because it's blurry.

 Yep, still blurry but it's the best that I've got.
Lucy, Wayne and Mark.  Yeah, I know, I don't like the look she's giving me either.

I finally made it to bed around 4:00 a.m.  Mark wanted to take a cab to a kebab stand and I wish that we had.  While everyone else convalesced "on holiday" the day after, I packed up and headed North to Cambridge.

Some of the guys have commented "why didn't you put that on the blog?"  Honestly, I don't remember what it was or why it was so funny.  Plus, you can only tell a story so many times.  If I do remember, you'll be the first to know. 

1 comment: