Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving Fuckers!

Not you, Google. For some reason Google thinks I'm in the Netherlands and keeps switching the language to Dutch. That makes blogging problematic.

Anyhoo, Happy Thanksgiving. You enjoy that turkey and stuffing and I'll enjoy my pint and kidney pie. (I don't even know what that is yet).


How's this for a racey little death trap? It's a Focus Titanium and I don't know what that means either. It was delivered directly to me at the office yesterday so it's a trial by fire.









This is far more difficult to get used to that I imagined. Wrong side of the car, strange mirror angles, shifting with the left hand on the left side of the road.









Yesterday I followed Julian back to my hotel. Julian drives a Mercedes AMG and loves to flog it. I'm following him, he slows for the roundabout then takes off through it. I slow for the roundabout, look left, pull past the on my right and... Oh Shit! Just as I pull past the car to my right there's a bus hurtling through the roundabout. Screech to a halt and the bus goes whizzing by.
Back at the hotel I'm feeling pretty proud of getting back in one piece. Toss the keys on the desk and my hands are shaking.

2 comments:

  1. I've always wondered how it would be to drive on the "wrong" side of the car & road.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's still weird. Every once in a while there's a moment of deliberation whne you have to turn onto a road and there are no other cars around to follow.
    Monday I have a 3-1/2 hour drive to Wales. Should be plenty of practice.

    ReplyDelete