Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Caerdydd (Cardiff, Wales)

-2 Today in Llantasant, Pontyclun, Mid Glamorgan (not Upper Glamorgan, mid).
South Wales is beautiful, it looks a lot like Northwestern Michigan.  (I wonder if that's why so many Welsh settled there?...).  I'll get some pictures this week, weekend at the latest.
Here's the trek thus far.  Not much by American standards but you can't just jump on the expressway and cover 250 miles in 4 hours.  Instead it's 32 miles, take the roundabout, exit 2.  Seven miles, turn left onto country road.  The country roads are barely wide enough for 2 cars to pass, covered in ice, 30 mph speed limit and cars parked on the shoulder (half into the lane).  The mirrors are intact so far.

4 comments:

  1. When do I get to see a picture of Big Ben? The people demand it! Have you tried a kidney pie yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No and no. I don't even know what Kidney pie is. I did have blood sausage (Black Pudding) and it tasted like I bit my lip.
    I'll have lots of time to explore London and their inferior clock tower. Maybe next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kidney pie is kidney pie! Get with the program and eat right. (Hope you're well- we're jealous as hell and hope you have an extra special holiday)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, everybody that I have ever spoke to from Europe, is always amazed how far we travel for everything.

    ReplyDelete